WHY INVEST IN MDM SOLUTIONS POST-PANDEMIC?
In a post-pandemic world, our workforce is more remote now than ever before. As a result, reliance on mobile devices is at an all-time high. Unfortunately, with remote access to company data comes increased security vulnerabilities. Businesses are completely at the mercy of their employees to follow security policies unless they have mobile device security systems in place. If you’re looking for a way to tighten up your mobile security policies and manage mobile devices for your remote team, Mobile Device Management (MDM) solutions may be the answer.
WHAT IS MOBILE DEVICE MANAGEMENT?
Mobile device management is the practice of managing and monitoring devices with access to sensitive corporate data. Using MDM software, business owners and IT departments can quickly and scalably secure company smartphones, iPads, tablets, and laptops. In addition to keeping company data secure, other functions of MDM include:
- Setting up and supporting a wide variety of employee devices with consistent configurations
- Keeping business tech and apps up-to-date at-scale
- Maintaining device inventory, including who owns the device, where the device is located, user behavior, and more
- Troubleshooting devices remotely
- Wiping data from lost or stolen devices
MDM includes both corporate-owned and employee-owned devices. Corporate devices can be given to employees with pre-configured software and applications in place, whereas employees’ personal devices can be assigned role-based access to data, email, MDM software, apps, and more.